Kitron’s Corporate Governance principles clarify the division of roles between shareholders, the board of directors and corporate management. The principles are also intended to help safeguard the interests of shareholders, employees and other stakeholders, such as customers and suppliers, as well as society at large. The primary intention is to increase predictability and transparency and thereby reduce uncertainties associated with the business.
It is Kitron’s intent to practice good corporate governance in accordance with laws and regulations and the recommendations of Oslo Børs under the ‘comply or explain’ concept. This review has been prepared by the board of Kitron, and it is the board’s intention to comply with the Norwegian Code of Practice for Corporate Governance dated 14 October 2021 (“the Code”). The Code is available at www.nues.no/en/.
According to Kitron’s own evaluation, Kitron deviates from the code on the following points:
Vote separately on each candidate. For practical reasons in the voting, the candidates are grouped into one vote.
- All members of the Board of Directors, the Nomination Committee and the auditor are present. The Chairman of the Board and the auditor are always present to respond to any questions. From the Group perspective, this is considered sufficient.
- Independent chairman for the general meeting.
- The Chairman of the Board normally chairs the General Meeting. The Board will make arrangements for an independent chair if the setting so requires.
Kitron is in compliance with the Norwegian Code of Practice for Corporate Governance (except on one point that is explained underneath):
- Report on Corporate Governance
- Equity and dividends
- Equal treatment of shareholders and transactions with close associates
- Shares and negotiable
- General Meetings
- Nomination Committee
- Board of directors; composition and independence
- The work of the Board of directors
- Risk management and internal control
- Remuneration of the Board of directors
- Remuneration of senior executives
- Information and communication