According to the Articles of association, the board shall consist of 3 to 6 shareholder elected members as resolved by the general meeting. The board currently consists of five shareholder-elected members and three members elected by and among the employees.
Board members are elected for a period of up to two years. The chairman of the board is elected by the general meeting. There is no corporate assembly in Kitron.
Election of the Board members
After the Annual General Meeting 20 April 2018 the board of directors consists of eight members and currently has the following composition:
- Tuomo Lähdesmäki (Chairman), re-elected for the period 2018-2019
- Gro Brækken (Vice chairman), re-elected for the period 2018-2019
- Maalfrid Brath, new, elected for the period 2018-2019
- Espen Gundersen, re-elected for the period 2018-2019
- Christian Jebsen, new, elected for the period 2018-2019
- Bjørn M. Gottschlich, elected by and among employees
- Elisabeth Jacobsen, elected by and among employees
- Tanja Rørheim, elected by and among employees
The board’s composition shall ensure that it can effectively and proactively perform its supervisory and strategic functions. Furthermore, the board is composed to enable it to always act independently of special interests. The representation of shareholders was proposed by the nomination committee and unanimously resolved by the general meeting.
All shareholder-elected directors are considered as independent of the management. Information about the board members is presented in the Annual Report and here: Presentation of Board of Directors.
Board members who own shares in Kitron
At 31 December 2017 Tuomo Lähdesmäki owned 100 000 shares, Päivi Marttila 60 000 shares, Gro Brækken 24 000 shares, Espen Gundersen 30 000 shares and Elisabeth Jacobsen 1 600 shares in Kitron. See presentation of board members for details.